Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Q&A with Timothy Gulan

Timothy Gulan plays Luther Billis on the tour!

Can you share with us any special interests or skills that you have (fitness trainer, dance, cooking, knitting, etc.)?
Motorcycling, scuba diving, cooking, archery and hand guns, “Houdini Illusions” and I do a lot of movie ADR work also.

Is there anything else you would like to share with us about your background?
I’m Polish and Irish, one of 5 kids and all of my tattoos are real (except the ship).

Do you have a website? Myspace Page? Facebook Fan Page or Blog?
My website is Timothygulan.com. If you go to my website, you can find a secret blog for a puppet I have called “shekki the shark.” Also, I am “Timothy Gulan” on Facebook.

What are the most played song(s) on your iPod?
I can't stop listening to the Broadway soundtrack for Next to Normal!

Before this gig, what was your claim to fame?
I starred in the tours of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Some Like it Hot (opposite Tony Curtis). I was playing Hitler in a new Musical called The History of War before I got South Pacific.

What is your best on-stage moment/mishap?
I had to get to a Houdini trick on stage - underwater, with 2 sets of handcuffs and leg cuffs, in a triple padlocked container. I had to get out of it in front of people on stage and members of the audience were invited to inspect all of it.

Name your favorite guilty/pop-culture pleasure:
I love old martial arts movies, and I am a WWII documentary junkie.

How do you unwind after a performance?
I walk my dog Yogi! He's a Brussels Griffon/Shitzu mix.

Who is the performer you'd drop everything to see?
I am not like that at all. However, I will drive 13 hours to see a friend in a show. That is what matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment